A fun flavorful dish that is full of veggies and lean protein and can be made in a flash.
- 1 pound turkey, ground, 85% lean
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 5 carrot (small, diced)
- 2 zucchini (medium, or other squash)
- 2 potatoes (medium, diced)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- black pepper (to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 1/4 cups Mexican style tomato sauce (10 1/2 ounce can)
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
1. Brown ground turkey in a non-stick frying pan.
2. Add onions, carrots, squash, potatoes, salt, pepper, and cumin. Sauté for about 5 minutes.
3. Add tomato sauce and just enough water to cover. Bring to a boil, then lower heat and simmer, uncovered, until vegetables are tender.
4. Dissolve cornstarch in about 1 Tablespoon of cold water, add to mixture, bring back to a boil until gravy thickens. Serve.
California Health Department - Los Angeles County, Es Facil Campaign.