Simply Good Eating Recipe Cards, Vol. 1, 2000
University of Minnesota Cooperative Extension Service
- 1/2 pound ground beef, 90% lean
- 1 can kidney beans (15 1/2 ounces, with liquid)
- 1 cup tomato sauce, unsalted
- 1 tablespoon onion, instant minced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder
1. Thoroughly cook ground beef in skillet until browned (internal temperature of 160 degrees). Do not undercook ground beef. Carefully wash your hands and any surfaces that have come in contact with raw meat.
2. Drain off fat into container.
3. Stir in kidney beans with liquid, tomato sauce, onion, and chili powder.
4. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Refrigerate or freeze leftovers within 2 hours of cooking. Use refrigerated leftovers within 4 days.
DHerring -- 10/19/21 -- updated Source info -- removed links and created a similar format across all SNAP and MyPlate recipes