A Simple Mexican Salad
Chili powder and lime juice are the secret ingredients in this cucumber and orange salad.
- 2 cucumbers
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon or lime (the juice)
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Wash the cucumbers, oranges and lemon or lime under cold running water.
- Slice the cucumbers. Peel and cut the oranges into small pieces.
- Place cucumber slices and orange pieces in a medium size bowl. Add chili powder, lemon or lime juice and salt.
Oregon State University Cooperative Extension Service