Somali Summer Salad
A delicious summer salad to serve when summer vegetables are at their peak. Great with grilled meat, fish, and tofu.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 apples
- 2 green peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- salt and pepper (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice.
- Dice all the fruits and vegetables and then add to the bowl.
- Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
- Serve chilled.
- Best served within 24 hours.
North Dakota Food and Culture: A Taste of World Cuisine
North Dakota State University Extension Service