Somali Summer Salad
A delicious summer salad to serve when summer vegetables are at their peak. Great with grilled meat, fish, and tofu.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3 apples
- 2 green peppers
- 3 tomatoes
- 2 cucumbers
- salt and pepper (optional)
1. In a large bowl, combine oil and lemon juice.
2. Dice all the fruits and vegetables and then add to the bowl.
3. Add salt and pepper to taste (optional).
4. Serve chilled.
5. Best served within 24 hours.
North Dakota Food and Culture: A Taste of World Cuisine
North Dakota State University Extension Service