Spinach Potato Pancakes
This versatile veggie dish makes a tasty snack or appetizer. Serve with applesauce on the side.
- 2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 1 potato, medium (peeled and shredded)
- 1/4 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 cups spinach leaves (chopped and steamed)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 egg, beaten
- applesauce (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Combine the first eight ingredients in a bowl.
- Stir in egg and mix well.
- Drop batter by 1/4 cup-fuls onto a well-greased hot griddle and flatten to form patties.
- Fry until golden brown; turn and cook until the second side is lightly browned. Drain on paper towels and serve with applesauce, if desired.
University of Maine Cooperative Extension