Stove Top Casserole
An easy, meatless meal made with potatoes, cabbage, nuts of your choice, and cheese.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 onion (small, coarsely chopped)
- 4 potatoes (medium, peeled and sliced 1/4 inch thick)
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 2 cups green cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Swiss cheese, shredded
- 1/4 cup nuts (chopped)
1. Heat oil in large skillet or Dutch oven. Add onions and stir over medium heat until golden.
2. Add potatoes and chicken stock. Cover tightly, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are almost tender.
3. Add cabbage, cover and simmer for another 5 minutes.
4. Remove cover, sprinkle with cheese and nuts.
5. Let stand just until cheese is melted, about 2 minutes.