Tasty Fish and Veggie Packets
Full of flavor, this easy fish recipe will quickly become a favorite. Serve this fish and veggie dish over brown rice or quinoa.
- 4 cod fillets (4 ounce each, can also use tilapia, sole, hake, flounder, or other white fish)
- 1/4 red onion (or scallions)
- 1 carrot
- 1 red pepper
- 1 celery stalk
- zucchini (optional)
- Roma tomatoes (optional)
- 1/2 fennel (1/2 bulb)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoons parsley (chopped)
- thyme (fresh springs, optional)
- basil (chopped, optional)
- ginger (minced, optional)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- salt (to taste, optional)
- pepper (to taste, optional)
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
2. Cut four large rectangles of parchment paper or aluminum foil and fold in half; unfold.
3. Put each fish fillet in a large square of parchment paper and season with salt and pepper.
4. Top fish with your choice of vegetables and seasonings.
5. Drizzle each packet with ½ teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon lemon juice.
6. Fold the parchment paper or foil in half and then crimp around the edges tightly in 1/4-inch folds to create a half moon shape.
7. Using a spatula, transfer the packets to a baking sheet. Bake until the fish is cooked to an internal temperature of 145 degrees F, about 10-12 minutes, depending the thickness of the fish.
Note: Optional ingredients are not included in the nutrient or cost analysis.
Food and Nutrition Information Center