Wonderful Stuffed Potatoes
Pair these delicious stuffed potatoes with grilled or baked meat, fish, or tofu.
- 4 potatoes (medium, baking)
- 3/4 cup cottage cheese (low-fat 1%)
- 1/4 cup milk (low-fat 1%)
- 2 tablespoons margarine (soft tub)
- 1 teaspoon dill weed
- 3/4 teaspoon herb seasoning
- 4 dashs hot pepper sauce
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese (2 teaspoons, grated)
1. Prick potatoes with fork. Bake at 425°F for 60 minutes or until fork is easily inserted.
2. Cut potatoes in half lengthwise. Carefully scoop out potato, leaving about 1/2 inch of pulp inside shell. Mash pulp in large bowl.
3. Mix in by hand remaining ingredients except Parmesan cheese. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
4. Sprinkle top with 1/4 teaspoon of Parmesan cheese.
5. Place on baking sheet and return to oven. Bake 15-20 minutes or until tops are golden brown.
Learn more about potatoes.
US Department of Health and Human Services, A Healthier You