This zucchini recipe brings you a flavorful dish loaded with vegetables and low-fat dairy.
- 2 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup milk, 1%
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic and herb seasoning mix
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup cheese, low-fat shredded (use your favorite)
- Wash and slice zucchini and measure out about 2 cups.
- Dice up the onion and green pepper, and set aside along with the zucchini.
- Stir the egg and milk together and set aside.
- Saute the vegetables in 2 Tablespoons oil until tender on medium heat. Remove from the pan.
- Scramble the egg mixture until cooked thoroughly. Stir in the vegetable mixture and fold together.
- Cook together until temperature reaches 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sprinkle the seasoning and cheese on top. When the cheese is melted, serve warm.