For this delectable and simple seasonal salad, combine diced apples and celery with raisins and nuts. Add dressing and enjoy!
- 2 cups apple (diced)
- 1 cup celery (diced)
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup nuts
- 2 tablespoons lite mayonnaise-type dressing (or light mayonnaise)
- 1/16 cup orange juice (1 tablespoon)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix orange juice with salad dressing or mayonnaise.
- Toss apples, celery, raisins and nuts with the dressing mixture.
Fresh Ideas for Fit Families
University of Kentucky Cooperative Extension Service
Food and Nutrition Calendar, 2004