Peanut Butter Muffins
Enjoy these nutty muffins with a touch of jelly or jam for a satisfying dessert.
- 3/4 cup peanut butter (chunky)
- tablespoon honey
- 2 egg
- 1 cup milk, skim
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Line 12 muffin cups with paper baking cups (or grease the bottom of each cup with butter or margarine).
3. Put the peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl. Beat until well blended.
4. Add the eggs 1 at a time, beating well after each egg.
5. Add the milk, and mix well.
6. Add the flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Stir just until they are moistened. Don’t stir them too much.
7. Fill each muffin cup 2/3 full.
8. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown.
9. Put on a wire rack.
10. Cool for at least 10 minutes before serving.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Program, Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network