Cabbage Roll Casserole
Minute rice and canned tomatoes combined with cabbage make this a quick, easy, and healthy recipe.
- 1/2 pound ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 garlic clove (minced)
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes, low-sodium
- 1 1/2 cups tomato sauce, low-sodium (or tomato juice)
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup minute rice (brown)
- 1 cabbage head (small to medium, chopped in bite-sized pieces)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet with onion and garlic. Drain off any fat.
- Place meat in a large pot and add water, tomatoes, tomato sauce (or juice), and cabbage. Cook until cabbage is almost tender.
- Add minute rice and cook five minutes longer. Serve.
Simple Healthy Recipes
Oklahoma Nutrition Information and Education