Easy Chicken and Dumplings
These easy dumplings only need 4 ingredients. Drop them into the hot chicken broth mixture and cook them for 15 minutes. What a simple and quick meal for a busy night.
- 2 tablespoons flour, all purpose
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 cup chicken broth, low-sodium
- 1 cup chicken, cooked and diced
- salt (optional, 1/4 teaspoon)
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1/3 cup flour, all purpose
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons non-fat milk
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Mix 2 tablespoons flour and water in a pan until smooth.
- Slowly stir in broth.
- Cook over medium heat until thickened.
- Add chicken, salt (optional) and pepper.
- Combine 1/3 cup flour, baking powder, and salt in a small bowl. Stir in milk until dough forms.
- Drop dumpling dough from a tablespoon onto gently boiling chicken mixture, making 4 dumplings.
- Cover pan tightly and cook slowly for 15 minutes without lifting the lid.
Wellness Ways Resource Book
University of Illinois Extension Service