Muffins (from Better Baking Mix)
Try the original recipe using our Better Baking Mix, or try one of the variations with fruit and spice for a wonderful fresh baked treat.
- 2 Servings of Better Baking Mix (2 cups)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Grease 12-cup muffin pan.
- Mix the Better Baking Mix and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat the egg with a fork.
- Add egg, oil, and water to dry ingredients. Stir just until all ingredients are wet.
- Spoon into the prepared muffin pan.
- Blueberry muffins: Gently stir 1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries into batter.
- Apple muffins: Add 1 teaspoon cinnamon to the dry ingredients. Reduce water to 1/2 cup. At the end of mixing, gently stir in 1 cup finely chopped fresh apples.
Washington State University Extension