Pumpkin Mac & Cheese for One
To make this dish even faster, use leftover cooked pasta, preferably whole grain, to make this meal in under 5 minutes.
- 3/4 cup cooked pasta (in any shape)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cheddar cheese soup (from can)
- 1/8 cup pumpkin purée
- 1 1/2 tablespoons milk, 1%
- 1 tablespoon cheese, low-fat
- 1 teaspoon deli mustard
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Stir the "wet" ingredients (soup, pumpkin purée, milk, and mustard), and heat in microwave for 45 to 60 seconds; stir again until creamy.
- Add cooked pasta to cream and sprinkle cheese on top. Heat another 30 to 45 seconds or until cheese melts.
- Low-fat cheddar cheese used in nutrition analysis and for costing purposes.
- Why add pumpkin? Adding pumpkin mixture in addition to the cheese soup lowers the total calories and boosts nutritional fiber and vitamin A.
Learn more about:
CSAAC (Community Services for Autistic Adults and Children)