Vegetable Fried Rice
This rice dish blends the flavors of soy sauce, pepper, and vegetables for a quick meal. It's cooked in one pan so clean up is quick too.
- 2 cups white rice, cooked
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup celery (chopped)
- 1/4 cup onion (chopped - could also use green onion )
- 1 package frozen vegetables (10 ounce)
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- dash pepper
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Make 2 cups of cooked white rice. Use the package directions to make the rice.
- Chop 1/2 cup of celery and 1/4 cup of onion.
- Heat the oil in a skillet or large frying pan.
- Add the celery and onion. Stir fry for 2 minutes.
- Add the vegetables to the pan. Keep stirring the vegetables until they are tender-crisp.
- Add the cooked rice.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce and pepper.
- Stir fry for 2 minutes until the rice is heated and the flavors are blended.
Pennsylvania Nutrition Education Network.