Beef & Noodles
This protein-filled dinner makes it easy to put food on the table even when you're short on ingredients. Serve it with cooked vegetables from the freezer for a complete meal. Use the Eating Smart Seasoning Mix in this recipe.
- 3/4 pound ground beef (85% lean)
- 1 1/2 cups water (can take up to 2 cups water)
- 2 cups egg noodles, uncooked (or any shaped pasta)
- 2 servings of Eating Smart Seasoning Mix (1/2 cup)
- salt (optional)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Brown 3/4 pound ground beef in a large skillet, drain the fat.
- Add water, egg noodles or pasta, and seasoning mix. Stir.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 15-20 minutes or until noodles are tender.
- Taste; then add a small amount of salt, if needed.
- Refrigerate leftovers.
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis