Fresh tomatoes with jalapeno peppers, cilantro, onions, and lime make this dish a light and easy summer time treat. Serve it with chicken and rice for a complete meal.
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 1/2 onion (chopped)
- 3 jalapeno chiles (finely chopped, seeded if desired)
- 1/4 cup cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 lime (juiced)
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium bowl, mix all ingredients.
- Serve or store salsa in refrigerator for up to three days in a covered plastic or glass container.
Healthy Latino Recipes Made with Love
California Department of Health Services
California Latino 5-A-Day Campaign