Peach Apple Crisp
This delicious dessert is the perfect ending to any meal. This recipe is simple to prepare and the dish is satisfying to taste.
- 1 1/3 cans peaches, in light syrup (15 oz. can), drained, sliced
- 2 medium apples, tart, peeled, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 tablespoons margarine, chilled
- Preheat oven to 350˚ F. Lightly grease 9- by 9- by 2-inch casserole dish.
- Combine peaches, apples, vanilla, and cinnamon in a bowl. Toss well and spread evenly in greased casserole dish.
- Combine flour and sugar in small bowl. Cut in margarine with two knives until the mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Sprinkle flour mixture evenly over fruit.
- Bake until lightly browned and bubbly, about 20 minutes.
Recipes and Tips for Healthy, Thrifty Meals
USDA Center for Nutrition Policy and Promotion