Peanut Butter Bananas
This treat can be made with your kids in the morning, then frozen for an afterschool snack.
- 2 bananas
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1/4 cup crushed nuts
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Peel bananas. Spread the entire outside of each banana with peanut butter.
- Roll the bananas in crushed nuts, sprinkles or other items.
- Cut the bananas in one inch slices.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer until ready to serve.
Walnuts used in nutrition analysis and for costing purposes. A cheaper option would be to use peanuts.
Learn more about:
Eating Smart, Being Active
Colorado State University and University of California at Davis