This quick and delicious way to cook greens will give you a tasty side dish in minutes.
- 8 cups kale or collard greens (1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil (or olive oil)
- 4 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons vinegar, cider
1. Clean the greens thoroughly and cut stems away. Dry well and tear into salad pieces or slice across leaf into 1/2 inch pieces.
2. In a large deep pot or skillet with a cover, sauté garlic in oil. Add greens in pan with 1 cup water.
3. Cover pan and steam for 4 minutes.
4. Uncover, stir constantly until greens shrink. Add salt and pepper and continue to stir on high until mixture is thoroughly wet.
5. Sprinkle cider vinegar on mixture. Cover.
6. Turn off heat. Let stand until ready to serve.
USDA Food and Nutrition Service