Vegetarian Spaghetti Sauce
Combine oregano and basil with fresh and canned veggies to make your own spaghetti sauce, perfect for any pasta dish.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 onion (medium, chopped)
- 3 cloves garlic clove (chopped)
- 1 1/4 cups zucchini (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon oregano (dried)
- 1 tablespoon basil (dried)
- 1 can tomato sauce (8 oz)
- 1 can tomato paste (no salt added, 6 oz)
- 2 tomatoes (medium, chopped)
- 1 cup water
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- In a medium skillet, heat oil. cook onions, garlic and zucchini in oil for 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer covered for 45 minutes. Serve over pasta.
DASH Eating Plan: Lower Your Blood Pressure
US Department of Health and Human Services
National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute