Sugar and Spice Cookies (from Better Baking Mix)
Double this quick and easy recipe if baking for a crowd.
- 1 cup Better Baking Mix
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (or white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins (optional). Stir to mix.
3. Put oil, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat with a fork to mix.
4. Add oil and egg mix to the dry ingredients.
5. Stir to combine. Dough will be thick.
6. Measure level tablespoons of dough. Drop on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Dough with spread into cookies 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide as it bakes.
7. Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn brown. Be careful not to overbake.
8. Remove cookies from baking sheet while still warm.
Washington State University Extension.