Sugar and Spice Cookies (from Better Baking Mix)
Use our Better Baking Mix for this quick and easy recipe. You can double the recipe if baking for a crowd.
- 1 Serving of Better Baking Mix (1 cup)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed (or white sugar)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup raisins (optional)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Wash hands with soap and water.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly grease baking sheet.
- In a mixing bowl, combine baking mix, sugar, cinnamon, and raisins (optional). Stir to mix.
- Put oil, egg, and vanilla in a small bowl. Beat with a fork to mix.
- Add oil and egg mix to the dry ingredients.
- Stir to combine. Dough will be thick.
- Measure level tablespoons of dough. Drop on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart. Dough with spread into cookies 2 1/2 to 3 inches wide as it bakes.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until edges start to turn brown. Be careful not to overbake.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet while still warm.
Washington State University Extension